Skip to main content

New Navy - Zimbabwe (RUFUS Remix)

This is always good to hear. Young Australian artist producing genuine quality music. The original version of Zimbabwe by Sydney band New Navy was one of last years catchy gems and launched them into a really good place. They released an excellent EP Ulawatu on local Syd label Future Classic (available here), were one of Triple J's Next Crop Artists and toured with artists the ilk of the Holidays and The Midnight Juggernauts.

Rufus are also Sydney locals (they do produce a lot of talent as much as it hurts me to say that as a Melburnian) and first came to my attention early last year when they remixed Elizabeth Rose's track Stars Ago. Truth be told I thought it was one bloke producing tracks but they'e a band and one whose live show I'm eagerly awaiting. Paris Collides is a standout track from them, haunting vocals soaring over rhythmic kick drums in the chorus before returning to more melodic verses. Give it a listen, you won't be disappointed. 

I'm definitely a bit late on these guys but you can't keep up with everyone!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How much is too much?

In 1987 the Finance world was brought to its knees when Wall Street collapsed, sparking a global financial meltdown not seen since the depression. In the movie world however, the finance sector was booming, and Wall Street the film introduced us to Gordon Gecko, the slick trader brilliantly played by Michael Douglas. “Greed is good” became a household saying and its impact is still audible more than 20 years later in the lexicon of today.

Peugeot Restoration - Part 1

I love bikes to bits. I love bikes in bits, in means there's a chance to put them back together again (which I also love!) I've got a special love for classic old frames and when i saw a mid 70s Peugeot bike in reasonable knick on ebay it got my mind racing (excuse the pun).